Soma Pescadero Road Frame, Gloss Black
The Pescadero is an evolutionary hop and sidestep to the traditional road sport/endurance road frame. Most of the new "all-road" bikes embracing wider tires are automatically going to disc brakes as they are an effective technology that Soma also adopts on other frames, but what about cyclists who wants the benefits of wider road tires, but want the clean, classic look of a road caliper brakes (i.e. rim brakes) or simply prefer how easy they are to adjust and maintain? The Pescadero was designed with these souls in mind.
Its road sport geometry allows you to ride hard for long periods of time with less physical and mental fatigue. A great choice for gran fondos or all day rides on winding country roads. While you can throw on 700 x 28c tires like every other endurance road bike has these days, the Pescadero allows for plusher tires up to 700 x 38c.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel front triangle; butted CrMo rear end
- Road sport geometry: Inbetween road race and cyclo-cross bikes in handling responsiveness
- Rear rack, front mini rack & fender mounts
- Lugged crown CrMo steel fork included
- Stiff and light Breezer-style dropouts
- Pump peg on headtube
- Designed with the Paul Racer center mount, center-pull brakes in mind. Also fits 58-73mm reach dual pivot caliper brakes (NOTE: Size 48cm does not have the seatstay cable guide, so its cable routing is ONLY for dual pivot calipers)
|Size/Seat Tube (C-T)||51cm|
|Top Tube, Effective (C-C)||535mm|
|Head Angle||72 deg|
|Seat Angle||74 deg|
|Max Tire Clearance||700 x 42mm (Optimized for 35mm tires)|
|Weight||4.25 lbs (51cm)|