Soma Double Cross Disc Frame, Matte Purple
Cyclo-cross bikes like the early Double Cross Frame were the ride-it-all bikes of their time allowing cyclists to use them as road bikes, light touring, off-roading, as well as in CX events.
With its advent and current stage of development, the gravel bike has become the new king of "ride-it-all".
With just a few changes in BB height and head tube angle, we made the Double Cross more stable for gravel and touring, more fun on trails, and still a versatile and fast commuter.
- Cross/Gravel/Trekking frame with Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo Steel front triangle; butted CrMo rear end
- Updated geometry with slightly shorter top tube and taller head tube in some sizes
- Double rear rack and fender mounts and clearance for 38c tires with fenders
- Extra tall head tube reduces need for headset spacers
- Redesigned disc mount area for improved brake clearance
- Electrophoretic deposition coated to protect against rust
- Disc mount is located on the chainstay which allows you to put almost any rear rack or fender on it without fear of interference
- Rear disc mount is International standard and fits 160mm rotors only
- Clearance for 700x45c tires (40c w/fenders. Some front derailleurs may reduce this clearance) We recommend 650b/27.5" wheels for 42cm size to reduce toe overlap with the front wheel
- Rear hub spacing is 135mm
* Optional color matched fork: Straight blade unicrown fork with three bosses to allow for utility cage or pannier rack (sold separately)SPECS
- Color: Matte Purple
- Chainstay: 425mm
- Headset: EC34|EC34
- Headtube Size: 1-1/8" (for external cup headsets)
- Rear Hub Spacing: 135mm QR with International Standard disc brake mounts (10mm axle QR hubs)
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur: 28.6mm
- Weight: 4.35 lbs (52cm)