Renthal Lock-On Traction Grips
Renthal Lock-On Grips feature CNC aluminum locking collars, permanently integrated with the central core, creating the ultimate all-weather security. The integrated construction eliminates any movement between the grip section and the collars, which could otherwise develop over time.
The handlebar grip is your key contact point for controlling your bike. Having a grip suited to your individual needs is hugely important. The medium compound Renthal uses in this grip gives high levels of control, coupled with increased durability.
The Traction grip pattern was designed to provide ultimate control in all conditions. The additional mechanical grip of the Traction pattern allows you to retain control, no matter what the weather might throw at you.
- Features Forward Facing Ramped Finger Ridges:
- When pulling back on the handlebars, the majority of the grip and torque is concentrated through the fingers. Forward facing, ramped ridges in the finger area give increased grip when pulling back, yet lay flat in normal riding conditions, for improved comfort.
- Rearward Facing Angled Palm Grooves:
- When braking or steep descending, the majority of the torque and grip is concentrated through the palm. Grooves cut with a rearward facing angle give improved grip in this situation. As the ramped groove is cut into the grip, it gives a comfortable, large surface area for the palm in normal riding conditions.
- Consistent Pattern:
- The grooves and ridges are consistent across the width of the grip, to accommodate riding with your hand in any position. Be it right in the centre, or with the heal of the hand over the end of the grip, the additional traction is just as effective.
- Open-Ended Grip Features:
- Riding in extreme conditions, crashes are inevitable, which can result in the grip getting packed with mud. We designed the grips to have open-ended grip features, allowing mud to be purged off the end of the grip.
- Offset Grip Material:
- For comfort, the grip material under the palm area has been increased to give improved cushioning. Thinner grip material is used under the finger area to keep the overall outside diameter the same.
- Medium Compound:
- Renthal is the only brand to offer such a wide range of grip compounds. The medium compound used in the Traction Grips provide high levels of control, coupled with increased durability.
- Renthal Lock-On Traction Medium - Designed to ride faster, jump further and last longer
- Integrated body and locking collars to prevent "throttle grip"
- 6082-T6 aluminum CNC machined collars
- Forward facing finger ramps provide increased grip when pulling up on the bars
- Rearward facing angled palm grooves provide increased grip during descents and braking
- Palm area has increased amount of material for added cushioning
- Grip pattern is consistent across the entire grip for extended hand placement
- Open ended pattern features assist with mud shedding in adverse conditions
- Lock On: Yes
- Clamp Color: Black
- Grip Shift Specific: No
- Size: 130mm
- Grip Section: 110mm
- Shape: Round