ABUS Bordo Granit XPlus 6500 Keyed Folding Lock
Maximum Strength for Maximum Security... the BORDO GRANIT XPlus 6500 Folding Lock is a top-of-the-range model in the Best-Selling BORDO family, providing a superlative level of security. Combining the security of a U-lock with the flexibility of a chain, the ABUS Bordo Granit XPlus 6500 Folding Lock uses tempered/hardened steel bars encased in a soft coating to protect your bike's paint.
A HIGH-SECURITY LOCK - IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN
Capable of withstanding even the most determined of attacks, the BORDO GRANIT XPlus 6500 is in a class all its own.
The BORDO GRANIT XPlus™ 6500 is quite literally a tough nut for bike thieves to crack, given the 5.5mm bars are manufactured from specially hardened steel and connected with special rivets that provide protection against even the most determined attackers.
The ABUS Link Protection Shield ensures that these rivets are not only flexible, but extremely resistant to attacks involving sawing. The pick-resistant XPlus Precision Disc Cylinder also helps guarantee outstanding protection against attempts at tampering. This combination has earned the BORDO GRANIT XPlus 6500 Folding Lock a phenomenal TOP SCORE of 15 in the ABUS Security Level System.
Like all locks in the Bordo family, the 6500 is simple to carry. The rattle free lock carrying case attaches easily to the frame via a nylon strapping system.FEATURES
- Security in an easy to use, and carry package - ideal for securing high-cost bicycles
- 5.5mm steel bars
- Bars, links, and load-bearing parts of the locking mechanism are manufactured from specially hardened steel
- Soft-touch coating on the bars and matching silicone lock body cover protects bike's paint job
- ABUS XPlus Cylinder is a Maximum Security Folding Lock for extremely high protection against manipulation, e.g. picking
- Two keys supplied with the lock, one LED lighted
- ABUS Code Card for ordering additional or replacement keys
- Compact, versatile folding technology offers greater range of locking options
- ABUS Link Protection Shield for a high-level of protection against hinge sawing
Abus Security Levels
Locks with a rating between 1-4 provide basic protection against theft and best suited for areas of low risk. These locks are often intended for use on children’s bikes, as a secondary locking option or as an accessory lock such as a helmet or seat leash.
Locks with a security level between 5-9 offer an extra level of security and are most appropriate areas of medium to low theft risk and for use on good to entry level adult bikes. These locks are also recommended as secondary locking options in areas of high-theft risk when used with a higher rated lock for added security.
Bicycle locks with a security dial rating between 10-15 offer the maximum protection and are intended for use with higher-end bicycles, bikes locked in urban areas and for use in areas of high-theft risk.
- Excellent protection when the risk of theft is high
- Ideal for securing high-value bicycles
- This lock can be ordered with other keyed-alike locks, all of which are operated using the same key or locking method
- The BORDO family: the ideal combination of strength, flexibility, weight and compactness
2 ft. 8 in. (85cm)
Water bottle cage mounts
3 lbs. 7.7 oz. (1760g)