Abus Bordo Big Alarm 6000A Folding Lock
A new era of bike safety... the BORDO Alarm 6000A Folding Lock not only places mechanical barriers in the way of thieves, but also sounds the alarm if it detects tampering.
THE FIRST ALARMED FOLDING LOCK ON THE MARKET
The Bordo Big Alarm 6000A Folding Lock features the strength of a Bordo 6000 Big with the inclusion of a 100dB Intelligent Alarm System.
Something to make bike thieves think twice, as well as the ultra-safe mechanical features boasted by all of the folding locks in the ABUS BORDO range, the BORDO™ Alarm 6000A is the first folding lock anywhere in the world to sound an alarm (at a volume of 100dB) if it detects an attempted attack. It does so thanks to the Smart 3D Position Detection Sensors, which detect the smallest of movements in all three dimensions. The sensor technology incorporated into the BORDO™ Alarm 6000A can distinguish between picking attempts and the small vibrations which occur when the lock is connected, or a football bounces nearby; in these situations, the lock will emit a small warning beep but will not sound a full alarm. Acoustic signals provide information on battery level and activity status.
- 5mm bars with extra-soft two-component casing to prevent damage to the paint on your ride
- The bars and body are made of specially hardened steel
- Alarm sounds at a volume of at least 100 dB for 20 seconds, followed by automatic reactivation
- 3D Position Detection – detects vibrations and the smallest of movements in all three dimensions and triggers the alarm
- Smart Alarm – the lock only emits a small warning beep in the event of minor and brief vibrations, e.g. if a football bounces nearby
- Acoustic Signals provide information on battery level and activity status
- Bars are linked with special rivets
- ABUS Plus Cylinder for maximum protection against attempted manipulation, e.g. picking
Abus Security Levels
Locks with a rating between 1-4 provide basic protection against theft and best suited for areas of low risk. These locks are often intended for use on children’s bikes, as a secondary locking option or as an accessory lock such as a helmet or seat leash.
Locks with a security level between 5-9 offer an extra level of security and are most appropriate areas of medium to low theft risk and for use on good to entry level adult bikes. These locks are also recommended as secondary locking options in areas of high-theft risk when used with a higher rated lock for added security.
Bicycle locks with a security dial rating between 10-15 offer the maximum protection and are intended for use with higher-end bicycles, bikes locked in urban areas and for use in areas of high-theft risk.
* Includes 2 keys and a front loading SH Bracket for use on all size and style bikesUSAGE
- Great protection when there is a high risk of theft
- Ideal for securing high-cost bicycles
- The longer the chain, the easier it is to lock the bicycle to a fixed object