Absolute Black Subcompact Premium Oval Chainring: 4x110mm
The innovative design of Absolute Black's Subcompact Premium Oval Chainring allows the use of a very small chainring on 4x110BCD cranks (SRAM 12 Speed or Dura Ace 11 Speed chain recommended)
absoluteBLACK introduces premium Gravel - Road 110/4 Oval Chainrings in Sub-compact (super compact) sizes to improve your climbing and cadence. Increased Cadence is key to reducing perceived effort. With 46/30T and 48/32T chainrings you can ride anywhere and climb anything, you will find Alpine climbs to be significantly easier.
These special super compact chainrings are compatible with all Shimano 110/4bcd cranks making absoluteBLACK the only company on the market offering such sizes. 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency. 10/11/12spd compatible.
- Oval rings help the rider spin smoother and generate more power
- Example: 32t is equivalent to 30t at deadspot and 34t at the power zone
|Size (Mass +/-1g)||30T (27g), 32T (30g), 46T (99g), 48T (110g)|
|Color||Black, Grey, Champagne (inner ring in black only)|
|Compatibility||Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, R9120, R9150 & R9170 Di2, Ultegra 8000, R8020, R8050 & 8070 Di2., 105 R7000, R7020, R7070, Dura-Ace 9000 & Di2, Ultegra 6800 & Di2, Shimano 105 5800 ; 10 / 11 / 12spd compatible|
|Material & Finish||CNC Machined 7075 Txxx Aluminum. Long-lasting construction. Type II anodizing|
|Ovality||Optimized to each size separately. 30T- 9% ; 32T - 8% ; 46/48T - 10-11.2% ; Timing of 108 -110.5° after TDC (top dead center) - Ideal for climbing (Patent Pending)|
|Bolts||Special bolts are included with 30T (2xM5 TI / 2xM7 AL)
Special bolts are included with 32T (4xM7 AL)
Due to very special 2.5mm offset construction of BOTH chainrings towards the frame and custom bolts:
- *No other combination or mix of rings will work. Due to special mounting construction, aesthetic bolt covers are not offered for this design
- *Only recommend Dura-ace 11spd chain or Sram Eagle 12spd chain for proper clearance of mounting tabs
- *Absolute Black always recommends using a new chain when fitting new chainrings.
SPEED AT CADENCE CALCULATION
The absoluteBLACK Sub Compact Oval 46T and 48T rings are large enough to reach comparable flatland speeds as their larger counterparts. This calculation shows gear combinations at 90rpm cadence, and 700c x 25mm tire.
- * 46x11T combination is minimally faster than 50x12T. This is 47.5km/h (29.5mph) and is faster than 52x13T! At 100rpm it increases to 53km/h (32.9mph)
- * 48x11T combination is minimally faster than 52x12T. This is 49.7km/h (30.9mph) and is faster than 53x13T! At 100rpm it increases to 55km/h (34.3mph)
As seen from the examples above absoluteBLACK Sub Compact Oval Chainrings are more than capable of reaching high top speeds when used with 11T cog. But where absoluteBLACK Sub Compact rings are in a league of their own is the small 30T and 32T chainring. They make climbing easier and exceptionally comfortable, but still retain high top speeds with 46T and 48T big chainring.
ADVANTAGES OF ABSOLUTE BLACK SUB-COMPACT OVAL CHAINRINGS:
- * 30 and 32T chainrings allow you to climb on your own terms with improved cadence and efficiency
- * One of a kind special oval shape that helps you climb easier and faster (Patent Pending)
- * No more mashing on long climbs and wishing for bigger cassette.
- *Have you ever had to walk the climb on sportive race? These rings will save you from it.
- * 46/11 or 48/11 is still a big gear to push on the flat. For your daily ride you most likely don't need more
- *Your pedaling will feel smoother
- *AB oval reduces stress on knees and helps your legs remain fresher for longer
- *You will be able to maintain better cadence while climbing
- *Reduces possibility of leg cramps
HOW TO MOUNT SUPER COMPACT 46/30T & 48/32T 110/4 OVAL CHAINRINGS:
First, you need to remove your crank from your bike. Once removed, unscrew the 4 bolts that hold two chainrings together with a T-30 torx key. Remove both original rings.
- For 46/30T - Start by placing big chainring on the crank. There is only one way to do it. Next locate triangular mark on inner circumference on the small chainring and make sure it will sit behind the crank. Small chainring has also integrated spacers on one side. Those spacers need to enter into the crank mounting holes. 30T chainring is provided with 2x M5 bolts (Torx T-25) and 2x M7 bolts (torx T-30). Lock both chainrings in place using provided bolts and torque M5 to 4-5Nm and M7 to 5-7Nm.
- For 48/32T - Same procedure applies except that 32T chainring comes with 4x M7 bolts (torx T-30) .
HOW TO ADJUST FRONT DERAILLEUR WITH ABSOLUTE BLACK SUB COMPACT 46/30T CHAINRINGS:
HOW TO ADJUST FRONT DERAILLEUR WITH ABSOLUTE BLACK SUB COMPACT 48/32T CHAINRINGS:
This ground breaking construction has patents pending in several countries around the World.
All Absolute Black products are designed in UK and manufactured in Poland (EU) to the highest standards of quality.
(Cranks visible on the photos are not included to the purchased chainrings.)