6D ATB-1 Carbon Macro DH/BMX Full-Face Helmet, Black
Incorporating all of the benefits of ODS technology, this is the most advanced full-face helmet available in the marketplace today. Each ATB-1 incorporates a state-of-the-art 3K carbon fiber shell along with 6D’s exclusive dual-layered Omni-Directional Suspension EPS protective liner. This combination of materials and technology provides the best possible protection against angular acceleration and low-threshold energy transfer from crash impact. The ATB-1 is the gold-standard of Down Hill, Enduro, and BMX competition helmets and exceeds the ASTM F-1952-10, and CPSC 16 CFR1203 safety standards (US), and EN1078 (Europe).
THE DYNAMICS OF 6D’S ODS ENERGY MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
6D’s patented Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology is a fully active, in-helmet suspension and kinetic energy management system. Engineered to uncouple the helmet’s exterior shell from the inner EPS liner, the system effectively mitigates energy transfer to the head and brain of the rider during any given accident or impact event.
- 2 separate EPS liners separated by an array of elastomeric isolation dampers
- 3-dimensional displacement of the inner liner upon impact
- Reduces linear and angular acceleration forces to the head and brain
- Superior performance for low, medium, and high-velocity impacts
- Increases ‘Time-to-Peak’ values by roughly double (lessens severity)
- Superior airflow, heat transfer, and sweat evaporation via air-gap between layers
6D's ATB-1 Carbon Macro Down Hill Helmet features a 3k carbon shell, offering lightweight full face coverage. Includes a shortened visor for better peripheral vision.
- Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) technology reduces energy transfer to the brain, with the inner liner displacing three-dimensionally during any given impact
- Shell is a proprietary blend of advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass, and Kevlar with an EPS liner
- Emergency Release Cheekpads, Shear-away Visor Screws, Roost Guard, Clavicle Cut-away, and a Sternum Pad all provide safety and protection
- Large intake and exhaust vents to help keep the wearer cool
- Genuine CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric comfort liner
Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS): By uncoupling the helmet’s inner liner assembly from the outer liner and shell, 6D’s Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) system effectively mitigates the transfer of angular acceleration to the head and brain of the rider during any impact event.
Elastomeric Isolation Damper: This damper is the heart and soul of 6D’s exclusive Omni-Directional Suspension technology. An array of dampers work in unison with the dual EPS liners to isolate impact energy from the brain. The elastic properties of the dampers, combined with their unique ‘hourglass’ shape provide a progressive spring rate that manages low and mid-velocity accelerations, while simultaneously allowing the inner EPS liner to displace and shear in 3-dimensional space.
The ATB-1 Carbon Macro exceeds ASTM F-1952-10 and CPSC 16CRF 1203 standards.
- Color: Black
- Helmet Style: BMX, Full Face
- Gender/Age: Men's
- Visor Included: Yes
- Rotational Protection: Yes
- Multi Impact: No
- Weight: 1360 g
*** CLOSEOUT ***