Paul Components Racer M Center Pull Mount Brakes
Paul Component Racer Medium (47mm-57mm) is the leaner, meaner version of the Racer. It’s got fantastic stopping power and thanks to the very stiff and short arms it modulates that power better than any brake we’ve ever used.
The Center Mount Racer Medium features an additional bridge piece that runs between the pivots and allows the Racer Medium to mount to frames with a single brake mounting hole above the tire. The option is given for a shorter recessed bolt to work with modern frames, or a longer non-recessed bolt that works with older frames. In this setup the Racer Medium is a medium (or “standard”) reach brake with a range of 47 to 57mm.
The Racer Medium come with all necessary hardware: mounting bolts, straddle wire, cable carrier, and a pair of salmon Kool Stop Thinline brake pads.
Between the arms there is enough clearance to fit a 45mm fender and a 32mm wide tire. We think this is a perfect combination for an all-around do-everything road bike if there ever was one. As a bonus, the brake will not pinch the side of the fender like dual pivot brakes do.
- Center mount, recessed nut
- Straddle cable and carrier included
- Won't pinch the sides of fenders
- Includes Kool-Stop thinline brake shoes
- Recessed mounting
- Medium reach version of the Racer centerpull brake, includes mounting hardware, recessed
- Reach adjustment has 47mm to 57mm of reach when measured diagonally from the center brake mount to the top of the brake pad
- Made in USA
- Brake Mount Type: Mid Reach Caliper (47mm - 57mm)
- Brake Position: Choose from Front or Rear
Reach: 47mm to 57mm
- Brake Lever Actuation: Short Pull
- Pad Type: One Piece
- Weight: 230 g