BOX Three Prime 9 X-Wide Multi Shift Groupset
The Box Three tier delivers many of the same capabilities of its more famous siblings yet it's built upon a simpler platform. Cassettes are accessible at 11-50T and fashioned with steel spiders. The derailleur exploits BOX's Limited Slip clutch technology without the Tri-pack features. Shift easily with a comparable mechanism, although you'll forgo the hinged clamp and die-cast structure. And lastly, string it all together with a Prime 9 chain but without extravagant coatings. If you're looking to bring your 2/3 by bike into the 21st century, then level up with this group!
Box's Prime 9 Technology is a counter-intuitive philosophy based on the less is more theory. It embraces range without adding complexity. The outcome is fewer parts, reduced weight, and increased durability.
- Our Best All-Rounder Drivetrain for Aggressive Terrain
- Prime 9 technology offers the same range as a 12-speed drivetrain, with fewer gears to shift through
- Fewer parts, reduced weight, and increased durability
- Prime 9 drivetrains significantly reduce the chain angle in the lowest gears, allowing the chain to run straighter across all gears, increasing the life of the chain and cassette
- The 2-piece multi-shift pull lever allows for riders to move up to 3 gears per shift
- The Prime 9 chain is compatible with modern narrow/wide chainrings, and resists stretching over time, and decreases wear on the cassette and chainring
- The x-wide rear derailleur features a limited slip clutch, which engages instantly with constant torque for less chain slap, better chain engagement and no dropped chains
- The 11-50t cassette offers ultra-wide ratio with consistent progressions
- Single shift options are for eMTB to keep the user from shifting multiple gears under load, significantly reducing the rate of bent teeth and broken chains
- Compatible with HG Freehub Bodies
- Compatible with Standard Derailleur Hangers (Non Direct-Mount)
- Compatible with most 10,11, & 12-speed wide / narrow chain rings. Prime 9 chain must be used.
- Not Intended for Ebike Use
* Includes cassette, derailleur, shifter, and chainView Prime 9 Drivetrain Compatibility Manual
View Prime 9 Comparison Chart
Why Prime 9?
- Model: Box Three Prime 9
- Range: 11-50t
- Shifter: Multi-shift