Soma Wolverine 4.0 TYPE-B Adventure Touring Frame, Moss Green
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The original inspiration for the Wolverine was "Monster-Cross", but it is seriously so much more. Its geometry is stable enough for off road touring, but sporty enough for all-around adventure. With its sliding dropouts, you can turn it into a single-speed CX bike. With a split seat-stay, it is compatible with the Gates Carbon Belt Drive.
The primary differences between the 3.0 and v. 4.0 Type-B is an extra set of water bottle bosses, and additional stack height on most sizes.
- Version 4.0 continues to be the compelling choice for gravel, adventure touring, and all road.
- The 4.0 version features taller stack heights on most sizes, and an additional set of water bottle bosses under the down tube
- B-Type has classic standards and belt drive compatible, 135mm dropouts, and straight head tube
- Geometry stable enough for off road touring and adventuring, but nimble enough for cross (monster cross that is)
- IRD Broski sliding dropouts let you run gears or a single speed set up with better durability and less wheel slippage
- Tange Prestige heat-treated CrMo tubes for the front triangle, butted CrMo rear end
- Internal anti-rust coating protects against rust
- Braze-ons for rear rack and fenders (disc brake-compatible racks only)
- Rear hub spacing: 135mm QR with International Standard disc brake mounts Braze-ons for rear rack and fenders (disc brake-compatible racks only)
- Gates Carbon belt drive compatible
- Three sets of water bottle bosses
- Clearance for 700x45c tires with fenders
- 1-1/8" straight headtube (use EC34 upper and lower headset cups)
- Matching thru axle or quick release fork sold separately
Optional Matching Forks:
A) SOMA Wolverine Lugged QR CX Fork (TAH2SF2988): Lugged Flat Crown Standard QR Axle, Tange Infinity CrMo Steel Fork; double eyelets pannier rack and mini rack mounts.
B) SOMA Wolverine Unicrown TA CX Fork (TAH2SF2989): Extra-Stiff Unicrown Straight Blade 15mm Thru-Axle Fork
What Gates Belt-Drive Set Up is recommended?
With an Alfine 8 spd hub, Soma recommends 46t front, 24t rear, and 115 length belt, with the dropout set at 440mm from the center of the BB axle. Soma recommends the Center-Track system (Shimano Alfine Di2 does not fit on the Wolverine because the narrow belt line needs of the hub)
Wolverine 2.0, 2.1 , 3.0, and 4.0 B models approved for use with belt-drive with Rohloff hubs. With Rohloff for gravel, a 50t front x 19t rear x 115 belt and 440.19 chainstay setting is a good place to start. Use a smaller front ring for touring and trail riding. You will need a Monkey Bone and OEM Plate #2 to make the set-up work.
* For Single Speed: 46t front x 26t rear x115 belt - 435.19mm chainstay setting
- Color: Moss Green
- Model: B-Type
- Size: Choose from 50cm, 52cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 60cm, and 62cm
- Chainstay: 427mm
- Headset: EC34/28.6|EC34/30
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm
- Seat-Post: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur: 26.8mm
- Head Tube: 1-1/8"
- Weight: 4.79 lbs