Soma Tradesman Cargo Frameset, Battleship Gray
Sorry, this item is out of stock
The Tradesman is a front loading cargo frame along the lines of the old English "baker bikes", where the load is placed on the frame instead of the fork or bars, so it doesn't pull on the steering.
The Tradesman can handle front loads up to 50 lbs with no problems. 20" wheels are used in the front to purposely lower the load's center of gravity. Designed for disc brakes, because you don't want to lack stopping power when cargo'd up.
The latest version is updated with ring lock mounts and a 44mm headtube to fit ZeroStack (ZS44) headsets.
- Load is distributed on the frame instead of the fork and bars so the load does not affect steering
- Handles front loads up to 50 lbs with no issue
- Tange Infinity Butted CrMo Steel
- 20" front wheel keeps a low center of gravity
- Designed for 20" (BMX) front and 26" rear wheels
- Designed for front and rear disc brakes (ISO mounts) because you don't want a lack of stopping power when cargo'd up
- Due to it's unique front end geometry, it steers like a normal bike
- Modular high-tensile steel rack designed to mount a large basket or crate, etc. (Measures 14.5" x 20")
- Features rack/fender eyelets on frame and fork, vertical dropouts, and a kickstand plate
- Includes matching 20" disc fork
- Wheelbase of 1116mm
* NOTE: Available as frameset only - Cargo Rack Sold Separately. To order the Rack CLICK HERE.
- Color: Battleship Gray frame with Slick Black fork
- Size/Seat Tube (C-T): 20"/52cm
- Top Tube, effective (C-C): 618mm
- Chainstay: 455mm
- Head Angle: 69.7 deg
- Seat Angle: 69.4 deg
- Headset: Current version is updated with ring lock mounts and a 44mm headtube to fit ZeroStack (ZS44) headsets
- Bottom Bracket: 68mm
- Seatpost: 27.2mm
- Front Derailleur: 31.8mm
- Weight: 12 lbs (with frame, fork, front rack)