Paul Components Racer Center Pull Mount Brakes
Sorry, this item is out of stock
Paul Components Racer Brake is a center pull caliper brake with long reach arms and plenty of clearance.
Based on the classic Mafac center pull, the Racer brake has been updated with modern materials and manufacturing. The long reaching arms are CNC machined with a T-shaped profile that makes them very stiff. The widely spaced pivots make room for larger tires and full-coverage fenders.
The Racer was originally designed to mount directly to the frame via center pull brake bosses. When a Braze-On Racer is mounted to these specially positioned center pull brake bosses, the brake is especially stiff, weighs less and has a simple integrated appearance.
It is important to note that the Braze-On Racer does not mount to brake bosses in the standard cantilever position, and it will not work with U-brake bosses. Please refer to our support article on Braze-On Center Pull Brakes for more information. Reach is determined by the height of the center pull brake bosses, which can be positioned by a frame builder to match up with 700c, 650b, or 26″ wheels.
- Center mount brakes of years past with a modern twist - Extra wide for larger tire sizes
- Long reach centerpull brake, includes mounting hardware, recessed
- Reach adjustment has 57mm and 67mm of reach when measured diagonally from the center brake mount to the top of the brake pad
- New center mount version compatible with most road frames
- Extra wide to accommodate larger tire sizes and fenders
- Straddle cable and carrier included
- Recessed mounting
- Made in USA
- Brake Mount Type: Long Reach Caliper (57mm to 67mm)
- Brake Position: Choose from Front or Rear
- Brake Lever Actuation: Short Pull
- Brake Pads: Salmon Kool Stop Thinline
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Pad Type: One Piece
- Weight: 207 g