Exposure MaXx-D Mk13 Rechargeable Headlight
The MaXx-D Mk13 features a powerful output that simultaneously highlights the edge of the trail without compromising the far-reaching beam, AND automatically adjusts the output in tune with the terrain. The MaXx-D is perfect for aggressive riding on single-track and technical terrain, thanks to its combination of lenses and Reflex Technology. It provides powerful output through a combination of focused and wide lenses simultaneously highlighting the edge of the trail without compromising the far-reaching beam.
Featuring some significant improvements from the previous MK12 model, including a boost of 400 lumens in the new, enhanced Reflex Mode, improved cooling thanks to bigger fins, and a tuned Optic with four LEDs.
The MaXx-D Mk13 has an all-in-one form factor where the Battery, LEDs, Control Button, and small Display are all in one unit. Featuring four XPL2 LEDs at the front of the light, three with spotlight optics, and a one with a diffuser lens to flood light. The four LEDs produce a 2,500 lumen constant output, which can be boosted to up to 4,000 lumens when the light is in Reflex Boost Mode.
The LEDs are powered by an 11,600mAh lithium-ion battery that lasts up to two hours in maximum constant 2,500-lumen output.
- 4000 Lumens Boost/2500 Continuous
- 2-36 hour Run Time
- Features ten user-selectable programs with varying combinations of lumen output and run time, each program has between two and three modes.
- The program schema is etched onto the underside of the light and selection is made using the single rear-mounted stainless button.
- A small OLED Screen displays the light’s current mode, battery charge, and run time remaining.
- Colored LED lights on the rear of the unit change between red, yellow, and green - depending on mode and battery charge.
- To better manage battery life, the MaXx D has 3 Reflex Plus Modes.
- Reflex Plus Technology has been refined so the transition between modes are smoother and quicker.
- Reflex Mode changes the light’s output depending on the trail conditions by using in-built 3D Accelerometers to measure speed and bumps – if the light senses the trail’s particularly rough, it boosts output to 4,000 lumens and then dims it back down once it is smoother again.
- Cooling fins have been enlarged from the MK12 version by 10% and the air ram entry ports are designed to increase the amount of air that can run over the fins to draw heat away from the light.
- Featuring a quick-release bracket with a sprung pin that holds it in place. The clamp is compatible with both 31.8mm and 35mm handlebars thanks to the included shim.
- Smart Port+ enables the charge port to accept auxiliary accessories such as rear lights, remote switches, Support Cells and to use your light as a power bank to charge USB devices
- Intelligent Thermal Management prevents overheating and maximizing battery life
- Optimized Mode Selector allows rider to fine tune power and run times for the ride
- Easy to read Fuel Gauge for monitoring run time
Concentrate on the Ride
Reflex automatically adjusts the light to provide boosted output when riding hard and fast then intuitively dimming for the slower sections such as climbs. This is all to optimize battery capacity, to provide extra light when needed and save it when not required.
Reflex achieves this by using data from 3D digital accelerometers including gyroscope and thermistors. It continually analyses the data to make seamless adjustments to benefit the rider, probably better than the rider can. In reality it is a form of artificial intelligence. The selected run time will be achieved by averaging the output over the period.