Absolute Black GraphenWax Hot Melt Chain Wax Lubricant
World's first Pliable hot melt chain wax formula with Graphene for use in crockpots is here. GRAPHENwax - Super pliable, non-crumble, quiet, clean, and extremely easy to break-in formula. It exhibits excellent dirt protecting capabilities and durability while maintaining impressively low friction for a prolonged period of time in dry and mixed conditions.
It's the easiest wax to break-in after chain cools down – simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand and the job is done... No more solid sticks or back-pedaling issues. This wax doesn't crumble, chip, or leave any marks thanks to absoluteBLACK's proprietary formula. It's everything you wished for in a hot melt wax... perfect for Road, Triathlon, Gravel, MTB, and E-bike. Keeps your drivetrain spotless clean and can be used along with GRAPHENlube.
Unlike other Hot Melt waxes, GRAPHENwax not only exhibits the lowest friction, but also lasts longer and is much easier to use. Usually after dipping the chain in melted wax you need to wait until the chain cools down and then painstakingly break every chain link so the chain can be flexible again, leaving a crumbled mess behind and particles on the frame and crank. With GRAPHENwax, absoluteBLACK has reinvented this process... after the chain cools down, you only need to run it between your fingers along its entire length, and the chain is broken-in, leaving no pieces of wax behind. This wax simply doesn't crumble during the chain movement, meaning you have more wax that protects the drivetrain for longer. It can also withstand those hot days where other wax lubricants simply melt off your chain. GRAPHENwax will not stain your fingers when handling the chain and it's the quietest wax coating you will use. It's your "dream come true" wax lubricant.
- Super pliable, non-crumble, quiet, clean and extremely easy to break-in formula
- Exhibits excellent durability while maintaining impressively low friction for a prolonged period of time in both wet and dry conditions
- Easy to break-in after chain cools down – simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand and job done - No more solid sticks or backpedaling issues
- This wax doesn't crumble, chip or leave any marks thanks to the proprietary formula - It's everything you wished for in a hot melt wax
- Perfect for Road, Triathlon, Gravel, MTB, and E-bike - Keeps your drivetrain spotless clean
- No oils or paraffin oils are used in the mixture because they adversely impact the friction
* Because of the complex manufacturing process the graphene wax is only produced in limited quantities at a time
HOW TO LUBRICATE YOUR CHAIN WITH FLEXIBLE GRAPHENWAX
FIRST CHAIN PREPARATION: Take the chain off the bike or use brand new chain and clean it using a solvent (like White Spirit or mineral turps) by immersing the chain completely in the solvent for 20-60min using the poly bag that was delivered with the wax (Use gloves). Shake the bag with chain for 2min at the end. Take chain out and let it fully dry (2-12h). Optionally you can rinse the chain at this point with 98% alcohol to remove any remaining residue. Once the chain is dry you can apply the lube normally like instructed below. Solvent cleaning is only needed for the first time to remove the oils.
1. After that , If the chain is dirty, you can clean it by simply pouring hot water on the chain and let it dry Cleaning the chain this way doesn't contaminate the wax in crockpot, making it useful for longer.
2. Melt the GRAPHENwax ® in the crockpot (slow cooker) in usual manner on medium heat. Melt it completely. Our wax melts at around 70°C (160°F) but you should heat it to around 90-100°C (194-212°F)
3. Fully immerse the chain into the molten wax and wait until the wax buildup on the chain melts again (min 3-5min - important!). Best way to do this is to use wire metal clothes hanger by threading both ends of chain on the hanger.
4. Agitate the chain gently (up, down, left right) in the liquid wax (using the coat hanger) for about 3-5min to make sure that the wax goes into the pins. Links need bending movement in order for the wax to get in.
5. Take the chain out, hang it, then gently wipe the excess of the wax from the chain side plates and let it cool for about 15min.
5. After cooling, simply hold your chain in one hand and run it between two fingers of your free hand (as per our video) and job doneSPECS
- Color: Wax is black, but looks transparent on the chain (Doesn't leave marks)
- Composition: Hydrocarbon waxes contains a special mix of high purity Graphene - It does not contain any harmful solvents
- Size/Weight: 340g / 12 oz . +/- 4% (Each box contains 4 "squares")
*** PLEASE NOTE TAKE A HIKE SHOP CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE IF CONTENTS MELT DUE TO BEING LEFT IN HOT CLIMATE SUCH AS A MAILBOX FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME ***